sábado, 5 de junio de 2021

[Página 42] 13 Reasons Why - Jay Asher

 So to back up a bit, this tape isn´t about why you did what you did, Alex. It´s about the repercussion of what you did. More specifically, it´s about the repercussions to me. It´s about those things you didn´t plan - things you couldn´t plan. 

God. I don´t believe it. 


II

The first red star. Hanna´s old house. There it is. 

But I don´t believe it. 

This house was my destination one other time. After a party. An elderly couples lives there now.  And one night, about a month ago, the husband was driving his car a few blocks away, talking to his wife on the phone when he hit another car. 

I shut my eyes and shake my head against the memory. I don´t want to see it. But I can´t help it. The man was hysterical. Crying. "I need to call her! I need to call my wife!" His phone had disappeared somewhere in the crash. We tried using mine to call her back, but his wife´s phone kept ringing. She was confused, too afraid to click over. She wanted to stay on the line, the line her husband had called her on. 

She had a bad heart, he said. She needed to know he was okay. 

I called the police, using my phone, and told the man I would continue trying to reach his wife.





















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario